What with one thing and another, I’ve been pretty busy this last week with less time than usual for creative pursuits. Having said, that I have made a start on two new projects that I mentioned in my last post. First up, I have chosen fabric and started cutting out and sewing the apron for my mother in law:
The pink fabric will be used to make the waist ties, pockets and binding. I think it will be quite pretty in a retro sort of stylee.
I am gathering supplies to make a doll from “We Make Dolls”. Opinion was divided between whether I should make Supergirl or Fleur. I have gone for Fleur in the first instance simply because she is easier (no arms and legs ;-)). I’ve cut out the main body and head pieces, and am pretty pleased with the colour combo:
Waif, too, is making a start on a new sewing project. He is making an owl stuffie this time around. It’s a lot bigger than the penguin he made, which he was able to complete in one sitting, so he is learning the art of patiently doing a little each day:
Sewing is a great exercise in learning patience, I find.